At Scottsdale Family Dentistry & Orthodontics our doctors are highly trained and we offer many levels of Sedation Dentistry for our patients comfort. Stay calm and relaxed while undergoing potentially painful dental procedures. Sedation Dentistry helps to safely reduce pain and anxiety for over 10 million patients a year. With little or no side effects, the popularity of Sedation Dentistry continues grows every year.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
- Relaxation – Sedation Dentistry reduces stress and anxiety allowing patients to relax.
- Comfort – Being relaxed with less stress means a more comfortable experience.
- Movement Control – Sedation minimizes patient movements helping dentists perform quality treatments.
- Patient Cooperation – An anxious patient can become uncooperative making proper dental care difficult.
- Control of Gag Reflex – Reducing the gag reflex helps patients relax and dentists to provide quality treatments.
Types Of Sedation Dentistry
Nitrous Oxide Sedation Dentistry – Known as “Laughing Gas”, nitrous oxide can help you relax and stay calm during your visit to the dentist.
Oral Conscious Sedation- Our Dr’s have received advanced training in Sedation Dentistry. Pills are given orally to help relieve anxiety. Patients usually don’t remember much about the procedure.
For more information about Sedation Dentistry or to schedule your appointment, call 480-474-4990.